Q: Is Check Engine on because of the AC? 2003 Chevy Silverado

A computer was put on my truck and I was told that the car had no problems that maybe it was the Gas cap, or the reservoir needed fluid, I took care of both of those suggestions and still the check ingine light is on, the truck works great, mobile 1 oil, and chevron 91 oc. Fuel is used on the truck. But. The light is still on. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ac. What's your suggestion.

Hello - it is not likely that the AC is setting the Check Engine Light on. The only way to know why the Check Engine is on is to have the problem codes read. Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free. If it is not convenient to have the codes read, I would recommend having the codes read by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Is Check Engine on because of the AC? 2003 Chevy Silverado