Q: Old belt was sqeeking, new belt does not but it slips off constantley. The old belt stays on though. Why is this?

My old drive belt was sqeeking so i replaced it. The new belt does not squeak but it keeps slipping off. But when I put the old one back on it does not slide off. Why is this? I replaced tensioner and idler pulleys but new belt still slips off. The old one still stays on. Car is 97 jeep grand cherokee. 5.2L

3. Old belt was sqeeking, new belt does not but it slips off constantley. The old belt stays on though. Why is this?