Q: Oil pressure sender broke. Will it still get enough oil?

My oil pressure sender broke while changing my oil filter yesterday. Will driving it before its fixed damage my engine? Will it still get enough oil?

Hello. You should not drive the vehicle if the oil pressure sending unit is broken. There may be an oil leak that could pump out all the oil in a short time damaging the engine possibly. The oil sender is also used by the computer to keep the fuel pump turned on. This is a safety function if you lose oil pressure, the computer will turn off the fuel pump. With the broken oil pressure sensor, you may stall while driving if the pressure signal to the computer is lost and it turns off the fuel pump. I would recommend replacing the oil pressure sending unit before driving it.

3. Oil pressure sender broke. Will it still get enough oil?