Q: Oil pressure falls when stopping

The oil pressure meter on the dashboard reads 40, but when I stop at some red lights, the meter drops to 0 and the Check Gauges light turns on.

With the potential for extremely low oil pressure in your vehicle, caution is advised when driving due to the potential for long-term damage. The most common causes of this issue is the oil pressure gauge itself being faulty, improper oil levels, or improper viscosity. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your oil issue and perform the repairs required to get you back on the road.

3. Oil pressure falls when stopping