Q: Oil pressure falls when stopping

The oil pressure meter on the dashboard reads 40, but when I stop at some red lights, the meter drops to 0 and the Check Gauges light turns on.

A: With the potential for extremely low oil pr...

With the potential for extremely low oil pressure in your vehicle, caution is advised when driving due to the potential for long-term damage. The most common causes of this issue is the oil pressure gauge itself being faulty, improper oil levels, or improper viscosity. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your oil issue and perform the repairs required to get you back on the road.