Q: I just replaced my throttle body on my mini cooper but it seems to not take off like before. Why is this happening?

asked by on March 09, 2017

I just replaced the throttle body on my car the old ones valve barely opened and it was making my car shut down to a limp idle mode I fixed it by putting in a new one but it doesn't seem to take off like it used to I was wondering why it was happening. Someone said if you give it a week the car will re-ajust but anything would help.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are a few considerations to make. First, did the new throttle come with a new throttle position sensor, or are you using the old one? If you have the old one installed, you may way to clean it (and possibly replace it). If you have a new throttle position sensor as well, then the computer will take a few trips to relearn the inputs from the new components. If the throttle was that damaged, another component may have also been in similar shape, and you may want to consider looking into the idle air control valve, and the gas recirculation system. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.