Q: oil hand keeps flickering had engine oil level sensor replaced

Had engine oil level sensor replaced but had in dashboard for oil flickers when I go over twenty Niles or sit in the idling position

First off, we need to clarify that there is oil level and oil pressure. I’m not sure which one is flickering on your dash, but the one that is the most important to pay attention to is the Oil Pressure Light. This light will be red and the picture will look like an old style oil can. If it is this light, there are a number of things that need to be considered.

Since low oil level can be checked by checking the oil dipstick, which I suggest you do, I will address low oil pressure. Low oil pressure can be due to excessive internal engine wear or clogged passages. Your symptoms seem to suggest excessive wear. Excessive wear usually shows up once the engine warms up. Clogged passages will always show pressure problems or idle for a few minutes once the motor is off. A very common failure on any car is when the oil pick up tube slowly gathers the build up of sludge in the pan. When the motor is off, the sludge falls away and spreads out along the bottom of the pan. When the motor is running with sufficient RPM, it will slowly draw the sludge toward the oil pick up. Once enough of the sludge is gathered around the oil pick up, it will clog the oil pick up screen and the motor will lose oil pressure.

Because this light begins to flicker once warm and at idle, I suspect it is due to excessive wear. If it were the clogging of the pick up tube screen, the oil pressure would return once the motor sat at idle. I am assuming this is an oil pressure issue not an oil level issue. But before you move on with a repair, I would recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your Oil Pressure Light and determine what will fix your problem.

3. oil hand keeps flickering had engine oil level sensor replaced