Q: Noisy suspension, feels like an old car

The suspension in my 2011 Honda Odyssey has gotten really creaky over the last couple of years. I only have 40,000 miles on the vehicle. Is this is a bad sign? I can deal with creaks and the odd shake, but if there is a bigger issue at hand, I want to get it fixed. Is this vehicle alright to keep driving?

A: Until the suspension is inspected and verif...

Until the suspension is inspected and verified against any failures that would compromise safety, there is no way of knowing if this vehicle is safe to drive. This inspection can be performed by YourMechanic at your location, or at a local repair shop. There isn’t any documented safety issue in this vehicle's history at this point. In July of 2012, Honda released a fix that included the 2011 model year for this popping, knocking, or creaking in the front while turning at low speeds on TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) 11-038. It stated that the probable cause of this is the strut unit bumping stop was making contact with the top of the damper body, or the damper shaft self-locking nut having low torque. The fix was to grease around the top of both front damper then re-torque both front damper shaft self-locking nuts. This particular problem is not a safety issue and the vehicle can be driven until the repair is performed. Even if the struts are replaced, this TSB should be performed to ensure this problem does not occur to the new components.