Q: Noise under vehicle - 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser

Under acceleration , regardless of load or RPM, I'm getting a almost "metal" sound coming from underneath the cab. It almost seems driveshaft or u-joint related. The u-joints are greased and the drive shaft has no play.

It doesn't do it on cold start or driving for first 10 minutes.. Its very odd.

Hello. Noises like this can make you crazy, often because they are ’transmitted’ from one part of the car to another. Since you have greased the U-joints, I would make sure that the sliding yoke on the driveshaft is lubed as well.

Those splines can become dry over time and miles, are almost always overlooked, and can generate a variety of noises when torque or suspension movement cause the driveshaft to compress or extend. A dab of grease or "dry-moly" lube will do it - a bit on each spline. If you need further help, I would recommend having a professional diagnose the noise in person so that this repair can be addressed accordingly.