Q: No tail lights or dashboard lights

I recently hooked up an aftermarket CD player. After I did, whenever I would turn my head lights on, the CD player would shut off. Now two days later I have no tail lights or dashboard lights when I turn on my headlights and my CD player stays on. What would cause this?

Hello there, you have a few different issues going on with your 1995 GMC Jimmy. If the problems started after the radio was installed than the installation likely cased your lighting and power issues. The most common causes are a shorted wire in the wiring harness. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your electrical issues and make any repairs required.

3. No tail lights or dashboard lights