Q: No power.

I have a coolant leak. Was on my way back from the auto parts store to fix it when it started to over hear. I pulled off the road to let it cool off and add coolant in it. When I went to start it I have no power. Nothing comes on. Only thing that works right now is head lights and door alarm.

Hi there:

In many cases, when a vehicle experiences an overheating issue, coolant will spill onto electrical components including relays and other connections that are vital for supplying power from the battery to the accessories and the starter. However, it’s also possible that the two issues are not related; which is why it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection onsite, so they can fully examine your vehicle to determine why the GMC Safari does not have power.