Q: No light dimmer radio

My son was having problems backing up his car in the dark with no camera. He was able to turn down the dashboard lights which helps him to see better. But the radio was way too bright, and we can’t seem to find a way to dim the lights on the dashboard. Do you know how to dim the radio lights? There is no light dimmer on the dashboard light button.

A: Hello. On your dashboard, there should be a...

Hello. On your dashboard, there should be a three piece button that is located between the speedometer and the radio. One of the three buttons should have a plus and minus symbol on it. There should also be a picture of a light bulb with a circle around it. This switch should enable you to turn down the dashboard lights and the radio lights. If you are having trouble doing this yourself, you could enlist the help from a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your electrical system and make an adjustment.