Hi today I replaced the radiator in my 2013 Nissan Murano...

Hi today I replaced the radiator in my 2013 Nissan Murano and forgot to hook up the transmission line started it and it leaked all over hooked it up afterwards and am wondering what I should do Mechanic's Assistant: How ol...

Hi today I replaced the radiator in my 2013 Nissan Murano and forgot to hook up the transmission line started it and it leaked all over hooked it up afterwards and am wondering what I should do Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak? The radiator was bad that is fixed I just did not put the hose to the transmission fluid on and it leaked Becca use of that Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes I already fixed it now all the tranny fluid is on the ground and the car starts funny Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Connect me

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Did you fill he transmission back up and clean off all the fluid with [brake](/topics-brake-nissan/) clean?

I cleaned it up I Thought it was the oil so I changed it. Did not know it was tranny fluid. When I went to start the car it had a hard time starting when I did I tried to drive it it was really sluggish was able to drive it to the auto store less than a mile away. It threw code p04746 control solenoid stuck in the off. I just hope I did not mess up my car by driving g it
Automotive Expert
Yes you could have done damage to the transmission you need to correct the fluid level delete the codes and see if it clears up

What do you suggest I do? Did I f up my car or should I still be able to add transmission fluidOkay what type of transmission fluid should I getI have an oreily by my house. Also why would it have a hard time starting as well
Automotive Expert
You can only get fluid from the dealer for that model, you will need someone to take you there to get it Genuine Nissan CVT fluid NS-3\*

What are my chances of having to replace my transmission
Automotive Expert
50/50, you wont know until you get fluid back in it

Ok thank youWhat is the cost for that fluid
Automotive Expert
I think its 15$ a quart

How many quarts will I need and why is my car having a hard time starting because of that
Automotive Expert
The starting issue may be separate from that and 4 quarts should do it, the fluid spray may have caused a electrical issue, if the trans is partially locked or converter is having issue it may cause starting problems

Ok thanks
Automotive Expert
Your very welcome.