Q: Truck hesitates to start

asked by on February 10, 2016

The engine in my truck hesitates sometimes when starting. It also loses power when going up a steep grade, misfires, and the steering wheel shakes. No SES light coming on. In addition, the ICP sensor was recently replaced.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. All of your symptoms are pointing towards a worn timing chain/belt. A loss of power or "lugging" up a steep grade will be your first sign of a worn timing belt. This is also directly connected to your issue with your hesitation. Your timing may be advanced or lagging causing your valve not to open in sync with the strokes of your engine. As for your shaking steering wheel, this is caused by improperly balanced rims and tires. This imbalance in your rims will cause your steering bushing to wear out prematurely. I’d suggest having a mechanic sent by YourMechanic come to your residence to further diagnose your engine hesitation issue in person. They will be able to recommend proper repairs for all of your car’s problems.