Nissan Sentra 2000 1.8 GXE. Hello, so my car has been tu...

Q: Nissan Sentra 2000 1.8 GXE. Hello, so my car has been turning off randomly. Mostly when I start to break and slow down. I took it

asked by on June 04, 2017

Nissan Sentra 2000 1.8 GXE. Hello, so my car has been turning off randomly. Mostly when I start to break and slow down. I took it to my mechanic and he said it's my instrument cluster. My brothers thought it's my alternator so I changed that and no help. Do you guys think ainstrument cluster can cause a car to shut off at points? BTW when I went to the mechanic they took it off so I have no instrument cluster at the moment. That is at there shop. Any ideas what the problem is. I just do not want to waste money for the instrument cluster if that's not the problem.

Hi there. The problem with electrical issues like you are describing is that it’s very difficult to pinpoint the source without completing an onsite electrical problems inspection. Your problem may be due to an electrical short in the instrument cluster or within the ignition cylinder or ignition system. The best advice I can offer is to have a third-party independent mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection to verify the source of your issue.