Q: Nissan March 14e.Starts ,shakes and stalls.I have to support it by pressing the gas. Stalls too when I brake in drive or reverse

I bought this car 3 days ago , in a yard, it's a used car from Japan .

The problem is , as I apply the brakes in drive mode or reverse, the engine stalls! That is, the engine can't continue running when brakes applied.

Later ,the car got worse , when I start it ,it starts ,shakes and dies away ! I find myself have to support it by pressing a gas pedal so that the engine not to stall ! Really confused! Could this be a terrible costly problem ?

Hi There, It sounds like your car may have a dirty or faulty idle air control valve causing it to stall at low speeds or when decelerating as you describe. The idle air control valve is a small valve on the engine’s intake system that reads the air intake as it comes into the motor. This is controlled by the car’s ECM which uses this information to make adjustments to the air/fuel ratio depending on various inputs such as outside air temperature, intake air temperature, load and various other things. As you accelerate, your car’s engine is receiving a much higher dose of fuel than when at idle and conversely, when you let off the gas pedal, there is a sudden change in this fuel supply as a result of your foot letting off the pedal. When this happens, the job of the idle air control valve is to bring this deceleration down to a slow and smooth idle rather than suddenly cutting off the fuel supply causing the motor to die. When the idle air control valve is not working properly, this cause a disruption in this process resulting in the engine not being able to idle properly. I would recommend having a professional come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• Nissan March 14e.Starts ,shakes and stalls.I have to support it by pressing the gas. Stalls too when I brake in drive or reverse