Q: Coolant fans

neither condenser nor radiator fan work. I did the "Tap" test & they both worked for 10 -20 secs. What doers it appear to be on the surface, please?

Thanks, \Bill 404.966.7377

Hi Bill, It sounds like you may have a bad relay or potentially the fan motor itself may be at the beginning stages of failing. When tapping on it like this, that usually allows the contacts to be made for the motor to begin turning again. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to perform a few tests to determine the source before replacing parts.

3. Coolant fans