Q: Need to fix car so brake light will go off.

The brake light is on. What do I need to get fixed to make it to go off?

On this particular vehicle only three things can trigger a brake light including the low brake fluid switch (LBFS), the pressure differential switch(PDS), and the parking brake switch (PBS). If the LBFS senses low brake fluid this will trigger a brake light and possibly indicate a leak of brake fluid. The PDS senses a difference in brake pressure between two pairs of wheels. If one pair of wheels has lower brake pressure the brake light will illuminate and this will indicate a leak as well. Finally, it is the job of the PBS to illuminate the brake light when the parking brake is in use however if the PBS is faulty it can sometimes keep the light on without the parking brake being applied. It is important that your brakes are in good working condition, you should get your brakes inspected by a certified mechanic.

3. Need to fix car so brake light will go off.