Q: My car won't start - Hyundai Elantra

The check engine light came on. Next day it wouldn't start. It cranks but won't seem to turn over. I tried again later and gave it some gas and it just barley started up. I can't get it in to be diagnosed until Monday. What could it be?

The first step that should be done is to have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, download any error codes for you and diagnose your illuminated Check Engine Light. If you have a professional digital scanner, you can do this yourself if you have access to a scanner. In regards to the non-starting situation, this is typically caused by a "global" fault, such as a key sensor dropping out, a failed fuel pump or ignition coil. I would recommend that you have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, take a look to repair the issue that is making your vehicle not turn over.

3. My car won't start - Hyundai Elantra