Q: Car makes a screeching noise when foot is on brake and in drive.

To whom it may concern,

I have a 2012 mazda 6 and it frequently makes sorta a screeching noise from underneath when it is in drive and i am stopped at a stopped light with my foot on the brake (The car has to be driven usually for about 15 minutes before it happens). It does not happens every time and irritates me because when i try to explain it to someone my car wants to stop making the noise. Would this be an easy trying to figure out what the problem is?

A: Hi. This is a tricky problem to solve becau...

Hi. This is a tricky problem to solve because it is intermittent problem. A lot of times with intermittent problems, they have to become a consistent problem so the problem can be fixed properly. There is a possibility that the serpentine belt is dry rotten or worn out causing this intermittent problem. The pulleys for the serpentine belt could also be wearing out causing the noise you hear at times as well.

My suggestion is that you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is making a squealing noise and suggest the necessary repairs.