Q: My truck will run for 4 minutes then dies

Starts up fine. Runs good for 4 minutes then it dies. When u try and start it. It whines like it's not getting gas. I recently ran it almost empty. When put more gas it started.Doing this. I thought I might have sucked up some stuff from the tank. I changed the filter but still getting the same thing.

It sounds like you may have a faulty fuel pump that may have been damaged as a result of running it out of fuel. As you may know, today’s fuel pumps require the fuel to keep them cool and lubricated. When the motor is run dry out of fuel, this can cause the fuel pump to heat up in excess of what it should potentially causing damage to the pump by overheating it. As a result, depending on the extent of the damage you may experience issues related to maintaining proper fuel pressure and fuel flow. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your fuel system.