Q: My truck will not go over 20 rpm even when reeving, but sometimes it will. would you know any reason it would do this

My truck will not go over 20 rpm even when reeving, but sometimes it will. would you know any reason it would do this

You would need to first to check the fuel pressure to see if the fuel pump in the tank and on frame is pumping the correct pressure and the filter is not clogged. Replace the fuel pump on frame and in tank then replace the filter if pressures are below 35 to 45psi. if you need help diagnosing the problem due to needing a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do all the tests and replace the pumps and filter for you. If fuel pressures are not low and test okay then you may have clogged catalyst.

• My truck will not go over 20 rpm even when reeving, but sometimes it will. would you know any reason it would do this