Q: My truck gets bad fuel mileage and smells like gasoline.

I am only getting about 8 to 9 MPG on my 6 cylinder 4 liter 95 Ranger. I also noticed it smells like gas sometimes around my vehicle, but I see no visible signs of a leak.

It sounds like your engine may be running rich. Something like the EGR sensor could be bad. That would cause you to lose about 3 MPG. I would have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic come and check the engine codes and determine what the problem is. A general inspection and tune up can help determine if you need to change spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, or air filter, to help improve the overall fuel efficiency of your car.