Q: My tail or Tag lights aren't working

asked by on August 21, 2017

Every car light works except for my tag & tail lights

Brake light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Cristina. The rear lights are typically powered by an electrical relay, that supplies power to individual lights as input is received from the accessory module. For example, when you turn on the headlights, a signal from the module sends power to activate the relay to turn on the license plate light and rear tail lights. If both are not working, the relay (or possibly the fuse) is blown and needs to be replaced. If you can’t locate the right relay or fuse, of if you replace it and it doesn’t help, please contact a professional mobile mechanic to complete a tail light inspection to help diagnose the root source and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr