Q: My son has a 2003 Chevy truck One day it would not staet he replaced the alternator and it was fine for a couple of days and then

My son has a 2003 Chevy truck One day it would not staet he replaced the alternator and it was fine for a couple of days and then battery was dead again He replaced the battery even though it was only two years old it started and ran fine for three days and then battery ws dead again What else can be the problem

Either the charging circuit is not functioning properly (e.g., the wiring and components apart from the alternator itself) or there is a phantom load in the vehicle’s electrical system that is discharging the battery even as the vehicle sits idle and is completely off. To determine which of these is the fault, and have the necessary repaired performed, the recommended service is an electrical system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My son has a 2003 Chevy truck One day it would not staet he replaced the alternator and it was fine for a couple of days and then