Q: My mom's Raider feels like its driving on a bumpy road and when I get the speed around 30 to 40 it feels like it loses RPM and is

asked by on August 14, 2017

When I'm driving my moms truck it starts off like I'm on a real bumpy road and when I get the speed up to around 30 to 40 it feels like I lose horse power and the RPM's drop so I let off the gas and try to keep it under 35. Could you tell me what it might be? My mom and I are disabled and really can't afford to send it to a shop for a diagnosis we have already had it at Borst for other stuff in the past. Thank you for your time.

The problem sounds like your transmission is shuddering and may have major failure. You would need to check the transmission fluid to see if it has a burnt smell indicating the transmission has burned clutches inside it and would need overhauled or replaced.