Q: My hazard light came on by itself in my car I have a 98 lexus GS300 all other lights working it went off for a while but came back

My hazard light came on doing the night went to check it it went off for a while but came back on had to undo battery what's my problem

Hello, This may suggest you have an internal wiring problem, a short or possibly a faulty flasher relay that may be causing your hazard lights to come on intermittently. The flasher is an electrical component that allows the lights to flash on and off as they are designed to when needed. As electrical current is applied to the relay, it causes it to power on and off producing the clicking noise you hear when it is flashing on and off. When this fails, it may cause it to flash rapidly, slowly or in some cases, not at all. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your flasher.

• My hazard light came on by itself in my car I have a 98 lexus GS300 all other lights working it went off for a while but came back