Q: Have a broken driver side rear main lift support shock, not the two regular left in the right lift supports. Can i replace that?

asked by on December 28, 2016

i have a broken left side rear main lift support shock that pushes the trunk open n closes it,note its not the 2 regular left n right trunk supports but the gas shock,can i fix that

Hi there. If you are referring to the shock absorbers to the vehicle, then you can fix the brackets that support the shock to the vehicle without having a jack. If you are referring to the air bags that are the suspension to the vehicle, then you will have to support the vehicle with jack stands and disable the air bag pump. Then you can repair the air bag support bracket. If you need further assistance with your shock absorbers or the air bags, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.