Q: My front wipers main transmission linkage/bush broke when something hit them down the bonnet

Hi there,

A piece of plywood slid off my roof, down my windscreen, and pushed my wiper blades down the bonnet slightly (luckily that was the only damage!). The wipers no longer work.

I have unbolted the wipers transmission and found that the linkage/bush connecting the transmission arm to the main arm that goes behind the firewall to the wipers has cracked. It won't hold the two pieces together now. I pushed it back together but when I flicked the wipers on to test it, it just clicked straight out.

A few questions: - Would you suggest buying a brand new linkage kit for the wipers (I could replace the other linkages while I'm at it) or should I go to a wreckers and buying secondhand?

• How do I get in to remove the whole wiper system from behind the firewall?

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Josh

3. My front wipers main transmission linkage/bush broke when something hit them down the bonnet