Q: My driveshaft is welded and not balanced. How much will it costs to replace it.

I have a 1967 Ford Mustang. The drive shaft was welded and is very unbalanced. How much will it cost me in parts and labor to change the drive shaft? If it were possible to buy a new drive shaft could I change it myself?

Hello. You will need to have your driveshaft built properly. It needs to be removed and taken to a driveshaft specialist who can build it to the proper length and balance it. Using a transmission specialist is the best way to take care of this.

3. My driveshaft is welded and not balanced. How much will it costs to replace it.