I put iridium [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/) in...

I put iridium [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/) in ly 2003 seville and my car sounds worse. I also switched out both air check valves. So what is the problem Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Chevrolet...

I put iridium [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/) in ly 2003 seville and my car sounds worse. I also switched out both air check valves. So what is the problem Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Chevrolet? When was the last time the plugs were changed? 2003 Cadillac Seville 127,828 miles Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spark yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. this [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) was engineered to work best off regular Platinum spark plugs. Iridiums are too hot and will cause engine performance issues. You need to install a set of AC Delco platinum(not double platinum, just regular platinum) spark plugs Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.

Thank you so much does it mattwr which ac delco platinum. Cause it looks like ac delco #16 rapidfire platinum is the only one i can buy at a parts store. Otherwise ill have to wait for shipping but i dont want to buy the wrong ones ive already been down that road 3 times now. Thanks again i really appreciate it
Automotive Expert
HI, rapid fire platinum will work as they are not double platinum.