Q: my coolant becomes empty after two days of filling it up

My coolant light came on and I filled it to the top. Two days later it came back on and under my car was leaking fluid. I went into jiffy lube and they said they couldn't discover a leak after refilling it back up. It is now two days since my visit there and coolant light is back on and nearly empty. My tempature is becoming 230 regular after driving only 10/15 miles. I don't know a lot about cars or who to go too. Im suspecting a leak (i know jiffy lube workers are not mechanics) What do you think the problem is? And where should I go?

You have a leak. The only question is where. YourMechanic will pressurize the cooling system when COLD which should reveal the leak without too much trouble. A common leak would be through the water pump bearing weep hole, especially if your pump is old. If the water pump is leaking you will need a new water pump (not an unusual job) and then a re-test for any additional leaks. If water pump is replaced and the thermostat is adjacent you should put in a new OEM GM thermostat.

Coolant can leak "internally" too. That would be a problem as repair of internal leaks is much more costly. So I would suggest having one of our mobile technicians come to your home to diagnose the source of the coolant leak. Hopefully it will be a simple water pump repair or a loose or damaged coolant hose. Best of luck.

3. my coolant becomes empty after two days of filling it up