Q: Why is my car not starting properly

Car was left in a parking lot, in rain & below freezing weather, didn't want to start. Got a new battery, poured in a bottle of iso-heet into gas tank, and then sprayed some starter fluid into filter and the temperature outside warmed up to 53 degrees after being belo freezing for 3days straight. After I sprayed the starter fluid it finally cranked on but unfortunately turned right off. Before the starters fluid it was only starting but not cranking on. At this point I don't know what's going on. The night I left it, it was starting and driving perfectly fine I couldn't move it due to a brake pad issue. Any idea what the issue and solution is.. Please Help, I need my car back. Thank you so much

Hello, thank you for writing in. Vehicles can have a hard time starting in cold weather for several reasons. Due to the reaction from the engine when you introduced starter fluid, it may be a fuel issue causing your symptoms. You may want to make sure you are getting a reaction from the fuel pump. One way to test this is to turn the key to the "On" position and wait for the pump to prime. You will hear a buzzing sound coming from the gas tank. If you do not hear it your fuel system is not receiving power, or the pump has failed. For more help with getting the vehicle started, contact our service department.

3. Why is my car not starting properly