Q: My Civic will not start

My car won't turn over. I ran a few errands today, turning the engine off at each store I stopped at. I got home and tried to restart it later. When I turn the key in the ignition, the interior lights, radio, etc, all come on. When I try to crank the engine, I just get a repeated clicking noise. Any idea what might be causing this?

A: It sounds as though you have a very weak ba...

It sounds as though you have a very weak battery. The battery can provide enough power to turn on lights, which draw relatively little power, while failing to provide enough power to engage the starter and turn the engine. The weak battery could be caused by a failing or insufficient charging system, a failing battery, a failing starter, or some combination of the three. I suggest that you contact a professional, such as the ones available from YourMechanic, to properly test your starting and charging system.