Q: My chimes only come on after I start my engine

asked by on July 19, 2017

The chimes normally operate when I have the key in the on position but now they only operate when I start the engine. How do I get them to start in the on position like normal

Hi there. Alert chimes are triggered by sensors located on doors, seat belts and other devices that alert a driver that something is either open or not properly secured. To determine why they are not working correctly, have a mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine which sensors are not working or where the electrical problem exists.