Q: Recommendation on which weight of oil to use on a 2008 Honda Accord

Honda recommended 5w-20 engine oil for my 2008 Accord. My mechanic asked me to put 10w-20 in my car because it has 120,000 miles. Is it okay to use that?

If it’s running perfectly fine, and it doesn’t burn any oil or make any noise with the 5w-20 oil, then continue to use it. But if it makes more noise, or is burning more oil, you can switch it to 10w-20 because it is a little bit heavier. So it would actually run a little bit quieter and it would burn a little less oil. If you would like to have your oil changed for you while at your home or office, a technician from YourMechanic can come to you to perform this service for you.