Q: My check gage light turns on and now my check engine is turning on as well. What can be the issue?

asked by on November 19, 2016

My check gage light turns on. Now my service engine light is one. I had a mechanic turn run the scanner on the truck and nothing seemed wrong. I left the truck where i was stranded and went back after a couple of hours....turned it on and it turned on like if nothing was ever wrong with it. Im wondering what can be the issue with it?

Hello. Are the warning lights turning off and on? This may be a sign that the issue is intermittently showing itself and the scan may have done when the code wasn’t triggered. The computer is constantly running tests and can reset the light on its own. Not every scan tool is created equal with the same technology. You may want to try and have the vehicle rescanned by a different technician with a different scan tool. Without knowing what symptoms the car is having its almost impossible to say what system is being effected. If the check gauge light is also on it’s likely fuel, coolant, oil, or battery issues. Start by having the vehicle rescanned and look further into diagnosing whatever symptoms you are experiencing.