Q: Warning exclamation and it says reset hybrid system. Will not start

A friend of mine has a 2011 prius hybrid. The turn signal burned out so I replaced it yesterday. When replacing it I noticed the front end had enough damage on that side it was held up with a bungy cord. So to make the job easier I pulled down a plastic panel and replaced the bulb. I then turned it on to make sure it worked and did. Then i put the panel back and bungy cord and the car started clicking. Now on the display it has a locked lock, an exclamation symbol in yellow and says "check hybrid system" It will not start. I'm stumped. Gene

I would recommend having the vehicle inspected by a qualified professional who is proficient in diagnosing hybrid vehicle issues. It is very likely that the issue was related to the accident that the vehicle was in.

3. Warning exclamation and it says reset hybrid system. Will not start