Q: Warning exclamation and it says reset hybrid system. Will not start

asked by on August 31, 2017

A friend of mine has a 2011 prius hybrid. The turn signal burned out so I replaced it yesterday. When replacing it I noticed the front end had enough damage on that side it was held up with a bungy cord. So to make the job easier I pulled down a plastic panel and replaced the bulb. I then turned it on to make sure it worked and did. Then i put the panel back and bungy cord and the car started clicking. Now on the display it has a locked lock, an exclamation symbol in yellow and says "check hybrid system" It will not start. I'm stumped. Gene

I would recommend having the vehicle inspected by a qualified professional who is proficient in diagnosing hybrid vehicle issues. It is very likely that the issue was related to the accident that the vehicle was in.