Q: My check engine light came on so I brought it to Autozone. They told my #5 ignition coil was misfiring, can I still drive it?

My sputters once in a while do to my #5 ignition coil misfiring. Is it okay to drive the csr for a week till I can get it foxed?

A: The vehicle should be able to be driven for...

The vehicle should be able to be driven for a short period of time without causing further damage since problem is intermittent. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic diagnose the code for the misfire. The code P0305 will only indicate that cylinder number 5 is misfiring. It will not tell you what is causing the misfire. You may have a coil that is bad but you could also have other causes that can cause the same symptoms and codes. The spark plug, injector, plug wire, can all cause the same problem. This is why it is important to have a mechanic do a full diagnosis to help keep from replacing parts that is not needed.