Q: My car would not go when I pressed the gas .

So I was at a complete stop at a red light when the light turned green I then pushed the gas pedal and the car would not move I then put my four way flashers on , put my car in park and then put it back into drive and tried to press the gas pedal still it would not go my steering wheele was very stiff and hard to turn as well as my brake pedal and my car staring rolling forward slowly I was able to get it off the road but then a had a bunch of light pop up on my dash (transmission, battery ,oil, Etc) I'm not sure what would cause this.

A: For certain, your engine shut off abruptly,...

For certain, your engine shut off abruptly, never a good thing. Although you don't mention how many miles are on your Explorer, there are any number of possibilities for this behavior, including: engine timing chain failure, ignition module failure, fuel supply system failure, etc. Most likely, there are problem codes stored, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. I would recommend a having YourMechanic dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location to look into why your car is not starting.