Q: My car won't turn over

When I turn the switch it tries to start out it quits and delays and and sounds like it's trying to turn over again and after that it just makes a clicking sound

A starter, like any other mechanical and electrical part, is subject to failing sometimes for no apparent reason. However, sometimes this is misdiagnosed as well and often times mistaken for something much more simple like a fuse or starter relay. The starter relay is a small unit near the starter that directs power to the starter from the battery. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue to determine the solution to get you back on the road.