Q: My car won't start.

When I turn the key to on I can hear the fuel pump kick on. The starter turns over when the key is cranked but the engine does not fire. Because the key turns itself to the on position after it starts it just keeps trying until I turn it off. Any ides what's going on?

Hi there:

In most cases, this problem is caused by an electrical fault with the ignition system (such as a crankshaft position sensor), the ignition key cylinder or ignition relay or the starter relay that won’t allow your 2013 Ford Taurus to fire. Because there are multiple potential issues that need to be inspected to determine why your car won’t start, you should have professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection first.

3. My car won't start.