Q: My car stop suddenly and any gear I put it in it only goes in reverse

My car stop suddenly and any gear I put it in it only goes in reverse. Why is that

There might be a problem with the shift linkage to the transmission. If the shift linkage is working normally, and is moving the manual lever on the transmission to all of the various, selectable positions, then there is an internal transmission fault. The latter possibilities are quite varied but some can be fixed with the transmission still installed on the vehicle. The recommended service to get this diagnosed, and thence repaired, is a transmission shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the mechanic will pinpoint the cause of the fault and let you know of the recommended repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My car stop suddenly and any gear I put it in it only goes in reverse