Q: My car starts for a while then it shuts off then when i start it again, it just turns over but does not start

hi I have a 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharge 3.8 v6 I just recently changed the fuel pump in it. It has a Monte Carlo fuel pump. Can that work ?

Hello.

A quick search reveals that the two vehicles appear to use different fuel pumps, though it may be possible that different years my fit. It is important to keep in mind that even if a fuel pump fits, it may not produce the same amount of fuel pressure.

I would recommend replacing the fuel pump with the correct part for the vehicle, as this is likely what may be causing your issue. If you need some assistance with replacing the fuel pump, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to service your vehicle.

• My car starts for a while then it shuts off then when i start it again, it just turns over but does not start