Q: My car seems like it's flooding when you start it even though it's fuel injected? Why would this be?

My car seems like it's flooding when you start it even though it's fuel injected? Why would this be? When you try to start the car when the engine is warm it floods and is very difficult to start

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. The amoun...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

The amount of fuel injected into your engine is controlled by the PCM, with several inputs from various sensors on the engine. One of the most important inputs is the coolant temperature sensor, and if that was giving a false reading, say cold all the time, then it would be fine on cold starts but would inject to much fuel on hot starts, giving the appearance of being flooded. You should have the PCM scanned for faults and the coolant temperature sensor tested by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose the hard start for you.