Q: My car is sputtering

It started today when I left from work. It never done this until today. It's making a light sputtering and when I'm at a complete stop while it's still in drive It does it and I can slightly feel the car move. When I got home I looked under the hood to check the hoses and stuff but everything is connected probably so I turned it on and looked underneath and I noticed some light exhaust coming from the exhaust pipe but not from the end. Close to it but not the end. Could a hole in my exhaust pipe make my car sputter like it is?

Hello - while a small hole in the exhaust will have an irregular exhaust noise to it, your symptoms sound more like a misfire on one or more cylinders. This could be caused by bad plugs, wires or coils. Other faults could include an air leak around a hose, a leaking or clogged fuel injector, etc. I would recommend having a Car Idle Is Rough Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car is sputtering