Q: My car is revving up but doesn't seem to be shifting. If my gas is low, could this be the cause

My car has been having minor hesitation prior to shifting but normally is fine after. Today it was revving but not shifting properly. The rpms were between 3 and 4 but isn't shifting. My gas gauge was found to be off. Is this a possible cause

This may be caused by a number of reasons. The hesitation feeling you are experiencing is very commonly known to be related to what is called a mass air flow sensor which regulates the air intake as the the fuel is mixed with air prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not functioning correctly, this will cause the hesitation you describe. This will also as a result cause a delay in shifting as the transmission shifting solenoid is operated based upon engine RPMs. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your mass airflow sensor.

• My car is revving up but doesn't seem to be shifting. If my gas is low, could this be the cause