My car is making knocking noise while I slow down and sto...

Q: My car is making knocking noise while I slow down and stopped

asked by on September 19, 2017

My car was shutting off. Found out 2 of my cylinders wasn't compressing air thru. My mechanic fixed the issue. My car car turns on and drives. But now it's making a knocking and rattling sound as I slow down and stop

The engine will need to have the noise checked to see if the work done was done correct and nothing was left loose or not working correctly. The noise described if is not coming from the engine may be in the front brakes and the front rotors are warped. If the noise is in the engine then you may have not had the timing put back correctly. Return to mechanic that did the work to recheck it or have a second opinion done by another mechanic like one from YourMechanic.