Q: My car has check engine light on because of an oxygen sensor

I am wondering how may oxygen sensors my car has. I am getting a check engine light for one of the sensors: Bank 1, Sensor 2. How can I fix it?

Hi there. Your car has two oxygen sensors. Sensor one is located attached to the exhaust manifold, and sensor two is attached behind the catalytic converter.

The one you are getting is behind the converter in the exhaust pipe. Depending on what the code is will determine what needs to be done to fix it. Most of the time it is the oxygen sensor. I typically start by monitoring the sensors readings as it may also be a catalytic converter. This will produce a different reading with a scan tool than a bad sensor will. If you need to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and make any repairs that are needed.

3. My car has check engine light on because of an oxygen sensor