Q: My car does not start anymore when the gas is lower than 10 liters

My car does not start anymore when the gas is lower than 10 liters. The car cranks correctly but does not start. Upon proper checking i discovered that the fuel pump is not supplying fuel, then later it starts to supply fuel. If i put in more gas the car starts normally. This happens after i replaced the engine. The mechanic thinks its an ECU issue and i do not know how true it is.

Hi there;

In a 98 Corolla, I wouldn’t be too certain that the ECU is the source of the lack of fuel pressure. It could be an electrical relay problem, an obstruction inside the fuel line or the fuel pump itself is beginning to falter. I believe it might be a good idea to have a local mechanic complete a engine is hard to start inspection, or download any error codes in the ECU that might indicate where the issue exists.

3. My car does not start anymore when the gas is lower than 10 liters