Q: My car cuts off when driving left into a puddle. 2007 Hyundai Sonata

It first happened when we were pulling into a parking lot through a big puddle. It was pouring outside. We pulled over because it was hard to see and when we pulled into the parking lot the car shut off. We tried starting it and it wouldn't start. We let the car sit for a few minutes and it started up again and we drove home with no problem. A few days ago I was driving and my steering wheel locked up when I drove through a big puddle and it was raining. I need to get this fixed but I don't want to pay $100 for someone to tell me what's wrong with the car.

Hello. It is very hard to properly diagnose something without driving the vehicle and fully testing it. You will more than likely need to pay for a diagnosis to know for sure what is going on. From my experience though it sounds like you may have a bad crank position sensor or a bad connection at the sensor. If either of these occur the sensor can get wet and the vehicle will stall. The sensor signal would need to be monitored while the vehicle is driven in this condition. If you are looking for some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle is stalling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection

3. My car cuts off when driving left into a puddle. 2007 Hyundai Sonata